Gramma Jo's Guacamole
Perfect for gatherings or for adding to festive Mexican dishes. This tried and true avocado dip is great on sandwiches too! The following recipe is a perfect portion for 1 or 2 people. Simply double for a larger group (or a bigger appetite)!
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup diced onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 large beefsteak tomato or 2 smaller Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
hot sauce (optional)
- Mash avocados in a medium serving bowl.
- Finely dice 1/2 of the jalapeno. Cut remaining jalapeno in rounds for garnish. (If you like it spicy, feel free to dice the entire pepper!)
- Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, the juice of half the lime, jalapeno, salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Season with remaining lime juice (if desired) and add hot sauce to taste.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with jalapeno and serve.